In dentistry, prevention is just as important as is the treatment of dental problems – probably even more important. When problems are regularly prevented or caught early, it could save you and your family a lot of money. In order to help you keep your costs low, The Preventive Program has been created.
Insurance and Prevention
The dental insurance industry knows that it is much cheaper to prevent a problem than to fix it. This is why they limit their annual payout on most policies to figures between $1,000 and $1,500. While dental cleanings and checkups are usually free, other dental procedures can be quite expensive.
The Prevention Program
At Bright White Dental, The Preventive Program provides several steps to help your family protect their teeth. They include:
- Regular Dental Checkups– We encourage all our patients to get dental checkups at least twice a year. This enables dentists to be able to spot problems early and treat them before it becomes expensive. For instance, if a cavity is ignored for a while, instead of just a filling, it may become necessary to get a root canal or a new crown.
- Dental Cleanings– Cleanings remove the plaque and tartar that you miss. This step enables you to avoid gum disease – or at least get it treated before it becomes severe.
- Fluoride Treatment– Fluoride is a mineral that is known to be able to strengthen tooth enamel against the acid in your mouth. It can be applied to children’s teeth to help protect them.
- Dental sealants– This is an acrylic layer that is applied to healthy teeth in children. Others may also get it. It seals out the bacteria that can cause cavities when applied to the tops of the larger teeth. Children between the ages of 6-14 are most prone to cavities.
- Oral Cancer Screening – This step is provided for those who may be at risk of getting the disease. It is especially valuable because this type of cancer spreads fast. It also is usually without any pain until the advanced stages have been reached.
- Teaching Proper Dental Care– We also make sure that you and your children are using the best practices when it comes to preserving your teeth. It takes more than just a tooth brush – but that is a start. We teach you and your family the best ways to brush and floss, and we provide you with healthy tips for eating right to preserve your teeth.
Many adults today – about half – suffer from periodontal disease. Not only is this disease preventable, but it is also unnecessarily destroying the health of many people. Researchers know that it is behind many common diseases that may even threaten your life. This includes health problems such as cardiovascular disease, heart attacks, stroke, cancer, diabetes, and many more.
The Bright White Dental office offers The Preventive Program to our patients to help them avoid the high costs and problems associated with the neglect of dental care. Our friendly dentists treat patients of all ages and aim to preserve your smile and overall health.